PROPERTY LAW, CONVEYANCING & REAL ESTATE PRACTICE
The firm provides creative legal advice to a broad range of clients in the property and construction sectors including developers, private financiers, lending institutions and private companies.
The firm provides creative legal advice to a broad range of clients in the property and construction sectors including developers, private financiers, lending institutions and private companies. We handle the whole range of property transactions and issues and our services include:
- Negotiation and preparation of all documents relating to the acquisition, development, construction, financing and marketing of commercial, industrial and residential properties including office buildings, apartments, sectional properties, mixed-use developments, subdivisions, business parks e.t.c.
- Real estate and Planning i.e. residential conveyancing, commercial property and development including innovative real estate financing methods such as mortgage loans, securitisation, joint ventures, limited partnerships, unit trusts, real estate investment trusts and other co-investment arrangements for real estate based transactions.
- Negotiation and preparation of all leasing documentation for office buildings, trading centres, warehouses, e.t.c
- Negotiation and preparation of all financing documentation e.g. debentures, charges, mortgages and guarantees on behalf of private and institutional lenders and borrowers for project and term financing.
- Negotiation of arrangements between private and governmental bodies relating to land and infrastructure development.
- Negotiation and preparation of Long-term term land leasing arrangements for both public and private sectors.
- Advice and assistance on all aspects of Town Planning laws, including securing Council approvals for land transactions and advice on the permitted land use.
- We also advise on the impact of environmental law (including NEMA regulations), construction law and planning law in Kenya. We also handle matters on land lord and tenant, licences, assignments, mortgages and encumbrances, liens and charges over property and other bank securities, tax compliance and regulation;
- We also represent clients in legal disputes arising from property transactions.
In pursuit of providing the highest quality legal services to our clients and achieve client satisfaction, the Firm guarantees that no legal fees shall be payable by our clients where, despite our clients reporting their complaint to us, the quality of our services are found to be wanting by our clients and fall below what is reasonably expected of a competent lawyer or firm of lawyers. The Firm, by means of its client-friendly complaints system, assigns a person to each matter, whom our clients can contact if they have a problem.